Electricians - Lake Charles Power Station
PLEASE CHOOSE "SMS" IF YOU WOULD LIKE TEXT MESSAGES!
Journeyman - Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Certified Journeyman -Requires attainment of NCCER certifications written and/or practical.
Leadman - Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craft workers in work crew, providing assistance to Foreman, while working in the capacity of a journeyman.
Plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules and conduit benders.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
- Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensionsl objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 65% Walking 15% Sitting 20%
b. Lifting 30 lb.
Carrying 30 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly (67-100%)